UPSC Civil Services exam 2022 IAS Notification | Civil Services exam 2022 Official Notification | IAS Exam 2022 Pattern | UPSC Optional Subjects
UPSC Civil Services exam 2022 IAS Exam The Union Public Service Commission downloaded the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Notice on its official website on Wednesday. Candidates wishing to take the UPSC Civil Services 2022 exams can view the detailed notice on the UPSC official website,The Commission has reported an additional opening of 861. Candidates who need to apply for the civil service exam can apply through the website until 6 p.m. on February 22, 2022.
The UPSC 2022 Public Service Preliminary Examination will be held on June 5. Candidates who qualify for the pre-examination then take the main examination. Please note that the UPSC application process starts at Official Website. The application form is available until 6 p.m. on February 22, 2022. The UPSC pre-exams will be held on June 5, 2022 across the country
UPSC Civil Services exam 2022 IAS Official Notification
UPSC IAS 2022: The Civil services examination is abbreviated as CSE, generally called UPSC (IAS). It is one of the examinations conducted by the board of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), to select eligible candidates for the posts available under various Groups and categories of Indian service offices. The candidates must have to qualify for the Preliminary CSE examination to appear in the Mains examination.
The candidate is required to apply for the Mains examination by filling the Detailed Application Form (DAF) which is available one/two months before the set tentative date of the Mains examination (on October 2022). The details of the UPSC CSE 2022 Examination like the application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, Exam Patterns, etc are given in this Post
UPSC Civil Services exam Important Dates
|Release of Notification – UPSC CSE 2022||02/02/2022|
|UPSC Online Registration for UPSC CSE 2022||02/02/2022|
|Last Date to Apply For UPSC CSE 2022||22/02/2022|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Exam Date||05/06/2022 (Sunday)|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Result||July|
|UPSC CSE Mains 2022 Exam Date||16/09/2022|
UPSC Exam Eligibility Criteria
UPSC will release the official eligibility criteria for UPSC Exam 2022 in the UPSC notification. Broadly, you need to qualify the below-mentioned parameters in order to apply for the IAS Exam or the UPSC Civil Services Examination
|IAS Age Limit||21 to 32 years|
|Age relaxation||As per category (mentioned in official Notification)|
|Educational qualification for UPSC Civil Services||Graduation from any recognized university|
UPSC Civil Services exam Total Posts:
Indian Administrative Services (IAS): 861 Posts
Indian Administrative Services (IAS): Candidates who have Bachelor Degree in Any Stream from Any Recognized University in India will be eligible for this Examination.
General / OBC – Rs. 100/-
SC / ST / PH / Female – No Fee
IAS 2022 Application Form:
UPSC 2022 will release the IAS 2022 Application Form on 02/02/2022. The Detailed information of the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Application Form is provided at a special link the application forms are available at the official UPSC website.
How To Apply
- Visit the UPSC Official website is – Click Here
- Click on Apply Now option available on the homepage.
- Now click on the link that reads, ”Online Application for Various Examinations.”
- Alternatively, candidates can apply from the direct link given below.
- Now, Complete the application process for UPSC IAS and IFS in two parts.
- In the first part, fill the basic details.
- Then read all necessary instructions for image specification and others
- Click on the ‘Submit’ option. Then follow the next set of procedures.
- Pay the online application fee and select the examination center.
- Upload the required documents. Save Download the application form.
- Take the printout of the Application form for future reference
IAS Exam 2022 Exam UPSC Pattern:
The UPSC Civil Service examination will be conducted in three stages – preliminary, mains, and interview. The IAS Exam Pattern is given below:
Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- The Exam will be conducted through Offline mode.
- The candidate will have to give 2 Papers that are objective-based.
- The first exams are of general study and the second of CSAT, which is also known as the civil service aptitude test.
- The exams are 200 marks each and the duration of the exam is 2 hours each.
- The candidate qualifying for both the exams will appear for the main examination.
Mains Exam Pattern:
- The Mains exam pattern is conventional essay-type questions, with subject papers counted for merit including the four General Studies Papers, two optional papers, and an essay paper.
- Additionally, two language papers, Paper A and B are qualifying papers with 300 marks each (do not count for ranking).
- Other than the language papers, the remaining seven papers including the optional subject papers, are awarded 250 marks each. The maximum mark awarded to the candidate for the personality test is 275. The total is 2025.
UPSC Optional Subjects:
The subjects available for Papers VI and VII are given below:
|Agriculture||Veterinary Science||Animal Husbandry||Chemistry|
|Botany||Anthropology||Civil Engineering||Commerce and Accountancy|
|Political Science||Physics||Psychology||International Relations|
Best Books for Preparing IAS Exam:
- Struggle for Independence by Chandra
- Get Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth
- Environment and Ecology by Majid Hussain
- Get Environment and Ecology by Hussain
- Brief History of Modern India. Also go through Ancient, Medieval and Modern India while preparing for History
- For Indian Art and Culture, refer to Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh, Mc Graw Hill’s Indian Economy consisted of Economy syllabus such as Planning, Agriculture, Economic Reforms, Industrialization and Policy, Inflation, Banking, External Trade, etc
- Physical Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- Facets of Indian Culture by Spectrum
- A New Look at Modern Indian History by BL Grover
- India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
- A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravarti
Thank you for reading this article. You can contact us for more information
1 thought on “UPSC Civil Services exam 2022 IAS | Apply Online”