Marketing Manager Jobs in Australia 2023
What is a Marketing Manager?
Table of Contents
Marketing Manager Jobs in Australia 2023 help execute and plan campaigns that communicate an organization’s or brand message to its target customer & audience.
“As a marketing manager, you’re really responsible for a marketing communications projects and a wide variety of strategic,” Robin Meeks says, associate vice president of marketing and communications at the Oklahoma University in Norman, Oklahoma. Meeks has worked in marketing job for more than twenty years, including a few years’ experience as a marketing manager.
The exact job duties can differ according to the company that you’re employed in – for example, whether the higher education institution or a tourism bureau and role is with a private company, but a marketing manager generally is responsible for crafting a new plans that create interest for a product or service for his industry. For example, in higher education, a marketing manager may create a plan to help the university meet its student enrollment goals.
In addition to executing and creating marketing plans, duties may include overseeing and hiring a marketing team, meeting with stakeholders or company clients, doing market research for company product and evaluating the success of a company campaign after its launch.
Meeks says. “When I worked in as Marketing Manager at the University of Arizona, I was responsible for understanding what the goals were overall, how many students needed to be there and where the students needed to come from,” “And then I needed to create campaigns that would attract those new students.” Scope of a marketing campaign or the angle could differ depending on whether it was targeted from other states or designed to recruit students at local residents.
Marketing managers should have a great understanding of the various aspects involved in a marketing campaign. And they must work well with other stakeholders, including art directors, heads of other departments and financial staff members.
Meeks says. “It’s an amazing opportunity to see a wide swath of Company because marketing hits so many areas,” “So you have that kind of catbird seat to see across an amazing Company and how it works. And you learn so much from all those different entities, where you can drive the service or product.”
How Much Does a Marketing Manager Make? (Marketing Manager Jobs in Australia 2023 )
In 2021 Marketing Managers made a median salary of $135,030. The best-paid 25% made $192,520 in 2021, while the lowest paid 25% made $100,010.
Marketing Manager Jobs in Australia 2023
How to Become a Marketing Manager?
People interested in entering the Marketing Manager should generally have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or something related, such as communications, journalism, or advertising. Because there are many aspects of this field, those who want to pursue a career in this field should also have an understanding of both social media and digital marketing.
“The main thing as an intern is that you want to have demonstrated success,” Meeks says, emphasizing that interns should “participate fully” in the marketing field.
After graduating from University with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and completing an internship, for marketing jobs should apply for an entry-level position. During this introduction to the marketing field, they should learn all they can and show they can accept more responsibilities, thereby opening the door for your promotions.
Anyone who hopes to pursue a marketing management job should also be curious about the world around them.
“You have to be interested, with my article, in a wide variety of things because you never know when something outside your Company or something that happened in popular culture is going to influence your work.
Average Australians work well into their 60s, so workers might as well have a job that’s enjoyable and a career that’s fulfilling. A job with a good work-life balance, low stress level and solid prospects to improve, get promoted and earn a higher salary would make many employees happy.
Marketing Manager Alkath Group Australia |Marketing Manager Jobs in Australia 2023
|outh Nowra, Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast NSW
|Management (Marketing & Communications)
About the Alkath Group Company:
The Alkath Group is a diversified aerospace and defence business that encompasses three different companies: Mellori Solutions, Global Defence Solutions, and Resilience Logistic Solutions. Across these all companies we create a range of bespoke deployable infrastructure solutions primarily for the Australian Defence Force, State Emergency Service providers and disaster relief organizations and other humanitarian across Australia. Our knowledge and experience also extend to delivering electronic warfare technology, test and evaluation services and training services to the Australian Defence Industry and Defence Force.
Alkath Group Company offer:
- Relocation assistance or allowance
- Attractive remuneration package with salary sacrificing & notated leases
- Flexible working practice
- Annual performance base bonus scheme
- Bonus Annual Leave days
- Paid Reservists Leave
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- An investment in your professional development
- A supportive and flexible work environment
- Wellness Initiatives including access to free confidentially counselling services
Marketing Manager Job role in this Company:
Alkath Group Company Marketing Manager is off on maternity leave starting March 2024; we are looking for an experienced, degree-qualified professional to support the team in her absence.
As the Marketing Manager, you will take the reins on all things marketing & communications. Having a good or diverse background and being willing to roll your sleeves up is essential for this opportunity. You will work autonomously, supported by a team of external consultants and an internal team of BD and Client Relationship professionals.
Your main responsibilities is Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Services
- Marketing Strategy: developing the annual marketing, content & communications strategy with a dedicated marketing budget.
- Marketing Initiatives: planning, supervising, & executing strategic marketing and communication initiatives within defined budgets and deadlines.
- Brand Messaging: collaborating closely with internal stakeholders & technical experts to ensure product information & brand messaging are effective & appropriate.
- External Stakeholders: working with external stakeholders such as photographers or videographers, graphic designers & PR agencies as needed. This involves preparing all creative briefs, content plans & overseeing shoots.
- PR and Communications: working closely with our PR agency & internal stakeholders to execute our communications strategy for our four brands.
- Social Media Management: planning content & overseeing of our four LinkedIn company pages.
- Website Management: managing all aspects of the Alkath Group multi-website, which includes four branded websites, requiring regular content updates and redesign as needed.
- Digital or Print Advertising: liaising with key media advertising contacts to secure all digital & print advertising, providing necessary ads creative.
- Graphic Design: handling routine in-house design works using InDesign (including product brochures, social media tiles, business cards, presentations email banners etc.). Engaging our external Graphic Designer for high complexity work as required.
- Events: assisting the Events Manager in marketing for large industry tradeshows & event coordination as required.
- Analytics and Targets: monitoring & reporting on marketing efforts.
- Tender Submissions: assisting internal stake holders with tender submissions.
Also Read : Top 11 Highest Paying Jobs in the World 2023
Qualifications and Skills Required:
Required Qualifications and Skills of Marketing Manager Jobs in Australia 2023
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing & communications, or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of communications, marketing, or media experience (experience within the Defence Department will be highly regarded)
- Strong stakeholder engagement, networking, & negotiation skills Proven success in developing & executing marketing plans & campaigns
- Experience developing content & creating an online presence for the brand across different channels
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong skills with Adobe In-Design, Google Analytics, Word Press, SharePoint & generally ‘tech-savvy’
- Meticulous attention to detail & the ability to deliver on strict deadlines with competing priorities
- Available to commence in February 2024
- Must be eligible to work in Australia without sponsorship
- If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please email email@example.com
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent for criminal record check. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position – each application will be considered on its merits.
Alkath Group Company (Employer) questions
Your application will include the below questions:
- If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia please provide details of your visa type, expiry date, and working hours restrictions if any. If you are a citizen / permanent resident of Australia simply indicate NA
- A criminal history check forms part of the recruitment process for shortlisted candidates. Please acknowledge that you are aware of this and are willing to participate if needed.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for this jobs.